Friday, June 28, 2013

33 weeks and second opinions

I'm reaching 33 weeks tomorrow and have been on bed rest for a little under 3 weeks now.  contractions are sparse.. only when i lay on my back or some times random tightenings will occur as I'm on my side.  But no bleeding anymore.  I'm feeling more confident yet at the same time...confused.

Had my 32 week check up with my regular OB on Tuesday, he claims that he does not believe it is a placenta issue as I have no previa.  The only other known reason for the bleed would be cervical inflammations or polyps or other issues, which he checked with an internal exam and ruled it out.  He unfortunately did not have the ER report so had to go by what I told him, but he is of the opinion that I am not in any life or death situation and other than resting frequently and no shopping trips, I should be able to walk around the house, make quick meals, and showed daily.

The only problem is that when he measured my belly at 31 weeks.  During the ER ultrasound at 30 weeks, baby was already measuring at 31 weeks.  So I'm a bit paranoid that the baby hasn't grown at all.since my bleed, which could signify placenta problems.  Or I am just being paranoid because belly measurements could be off due to many variables like the position of the baby, or how much food I've had during that visit.

The other thing is, my belly looks like.it hasn't grown from my last picture.  My next OB appointment is at 35 weeks, in 14 days.  I can wait it out until.then to get measured again and see if belly has grown. And in the mean while, just maintain a kick chart to make sure baby is moving well. Or I can make an appt a week before my schedule appt and risk annoying my OB again.  Sigh.








No comments: