Monday, May 11, 2009

Why thank you Jen...

My coworker decided to announce my pregnancy today by just yelling it out loud in the middle of the hall way. I admitted I was pregnant to her last week since she asked about my belly... but told her I didn't plan on telling anyone unless asked cuz I'm not one to initiate that type of conversation. So this week she saw me walk by and asked if anyone had asked, I said no, so she rolled her eyes and yelled it out loud "P is pregnant!".

THANKS.

I had heads poking out of cubicles staring at me from all the way down the hall, shouting things at me that I couldn't hear, I was so flushed with embarrassment. I am not the kind to attract any kind of attention and now all gazes were on me. "show us your belly!" "No! That's embarrassing!" And I quickly turned away. I don't put on a good show, especially if you catch me off guard. Awkward is my middle name! argh!

But I guess now that the cat is out of the bag, I can wear normal clothes now instead of still trying to "hide" it... even though everyone came clean and admitted that they had their suspicions and were asking behind my back (which I preferred)... I just don't enjoy any kind of attention.

No comments: